Friday, May 13, 2011

Painting class


I can go on and on about the importance of continuing to learn/grow as an artist.  I've been taking a painting class at Crealde.  (I highly recommend it!)  No matter how long I'm in the business- there are going to be things I can learn.  I took this class to get back to some basic fundamentals and work out some issues I've been having... and it's really nice to get back into a classroom environment, get some instruction and learn new ways of doing things.  This is one of the oil paintings I did in the class.  I got a lot out of the class and I'm hoping that with the new perspective, I'll be ready to come back to the other things on my "backburner list".  That list never seems to get any shorter- but that's the nature of creativity.  It's challenging but rewarding to balance work with all of the tutorials, paintings, and other personal projects and general practice that I need to help me grow.  On a side note... I can't remember the last time I painted on a canvas this small!  This weekend, I have some sketching to do- but I need to schedule time to just paint... no matter what the subject matter is.

No comments:

Post a Comment