Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tinker Bell


"Tinker Bell" - Chalk Pastel on Paper

It's nice to do stuff just for the experience/fun of doing it.  I work both traditionally and digitally- but everything starts with a sketch on paper.  I like to constantly experiment with new materials and techniques.  I enjoy painting, but it can be such a huge investment of time- especially since I tend to work on a larger scale.  When I have a little time but want to do something colorful and experiment- I break out the chalk pastels, crayons,  whatever is nearby! These pieces usually either end up on my own walls or in a large portfolio case in my home office- but they're fun to do.  Working with chalk pastels is different from any other medium I work with.  I'm not trying to make things look too real or painterly.  I just go with it and see what happens.

1 comment: